Sunday, October 11, 2009

Autumn



I love autumn, its my favourite time of year. I love all the gorgeous colours on the trees and the light at this time of year, on those sunny days when the sky is a clear blue. And there's something about the autumn rain, turning all the reds and oranges into sparkling jewels. In the garden you find those amazing spider webs, perfectly constructed and with the dew marking them out like veils of diamonds. I love the idea that everything is settling down for a long winter sleep, ready to wake up in the spring. And when the leaves fall off the trees, you can see their shape, all the branches and bark and how they reach to the sky. I look forward to evenings by the fire and snuggling up with a mug of tea and a good book.


I went for a walk by the canal today and took some photos of the trees and the water. The swans were beautiful and the water was quite clear, but I have to say the amount of rubbish was quite depressing. I still can't understand why people think it's ok to just throw stuff around everywhere. The sun wasn't out, but it was still lovely there.



I spent yesterday dyeing some curtains for my front room. They didn't turn out quite as I intended, as I didn't put enough ties on them for the tie dye to be really effective, but the colour is quite something!! They are bright red. At the moment they are still drying out and then will have to be ironed before I hang them up. I'm not sure how they will look, but it will certainly be different from the cream that was there before lol.

1 comment:

  1. Am with you 100% about Autumn. Has always been my favourite feason too. Think Keats put it well with 'season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'.

    ReplyDelete