Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ballet Flowers

These little tiny white lilies are this week's flowers. As soon as I saw them I knew exactly what I was going to do with them. I have been making a little album of pictures from the recent INYB production of Nutcracker. I can't claim any credit for any of the pictures, some of them are from one of the dancers, and the rest are from a photographer who very kindly allowed me to use them, Ewa Figaszewska. I will post some of the pages when it's all finished.
The lilies have gone on a page with a photo of Ryoko Yagyu, a guest dancer from Ballet Ireland who was dancing the role of the Sugar Plum Fairy. The photo was taken in the wings by one of the dancers as Ryoko was getting ready to go on stage.
The lighting is very blue and ethereal, and the shots are slightly blurry, giving them a magical feel. In the second one she has her left foot on pointe, fixing her ribbon.
I used a photocopy of the piano music of Sugar Plum Fairy from my own music and edged it with lavender colour chalk ink to blend with the colours in the photo.
Personally I think these pictures look like a painting, and I would love them on my wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment