Friday, February 26, 2010

Bubbles


It often occurs to me how the oddest things remind you of a person, a moment, or a place. This evening I was washing some pots in the sink, squeezed the washing-up liquid bottle, and out came some TINY bubbles. They floated around for a while, making me smile. I was instantly aware of the presence of my beloved dad standing beside me, warm and comforting. Telling me how he loved the little bubbles, they were like fairy bubbles. And watching them as they floated around the kitchen, dishes forgotten. My father was often like this, finding beauty and wonder in the smallest of things, and pleasure in the tiniest of moments. I felt he was so close to me in that moment. And I was grateful, as I am almost every day, for the gift he gave me - to be able to see wonder in the every day tiny things that make up our lives.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post - so heartfelt that it brought tears to my eyes. You are so lucky to have those precious memories of your Dad that will stay with you forever. The photo is a perfect accompaniment to these poignant words.

    ReplyDelete