Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oops!

I forgot to post my Friday flowers - well, I didn't really forget, I was just pretty busy........but here they are, better late than never! And I know exactly what I am going to do with them. They are going on an Easter card for a friend's little girl - I bought some cute little bunnies in Cara Craft Supplies and one of them is wearing a hat EXACTLY that shade of green.
That's one of the lovely things about this gift to me - every week I am given some inspiration when I open my envelope of flowers. Thank you again to my Fairy Godmother - many hugs to you, I hope you read this blog.


This week I finally finished something I have been wanting to make for ages. Originally it was just going to be a notebook. But now it is going to be a notebook for my flowers. I am keeping one example of each flower and sticking it in this notebook with the date and a note of what I made with it. The notebook is made from mount board, painted with 2 layers of acrylic paint and PVA glue, and stuck with paper and cloth. You can make your own pages for it, but I had an old notebook of handmade paper that the cover had disappeared from. So the inside is made from that and just tied to the covers with string. When I get time to stick in my flowers I will post more pictures. The picture on the front is a birthday card that I got from my sister-in-law last year, and the flower is a Hero Arts flower (when I got the card I immediately thought of using this flower with it as the colours are so good!).
I love making these notebooks, this is the second one I have made and its a technique that I learned from a tutorial by Caroline Moore. During the week I will post the first one I made, as it has pockets in it made from folded paper. I use it for my gardening notebook :D

No comments:

Post a Comment