Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dare I mention it?

The C word that is!! I got some stamped images from Isobel for my birthday, and so I sat myself down one afternoon and laid them all out and watercoloured them all in. I looked at each one and decided which could possibly be turned to Christmas and these are some of the ones I used! They were stickled to within an inch of their lives and I used red and green wherever I could except for a couple which I painted to match the Smirk papers that I had left over from last year.

All the papers and ribbons etc were from last year too, and I can't remember where I got the printed sentiments (hangs head in shame) - and thank you to whoever organised them! I think I like the snowdrops best. I put stickles on the edges of the petals and kept it very simple (like most things I do!) - if I can track down that stamp I would definitely buy it!
Today I got a 'greenhouse' cover for my raised bed, so tomorrow I hope to build that and put it on, which might help to keep whatever is eating my salad leaves actually OUT of my salad leaves. Unless of course I manage to trap it inside the cover............

1 comment: