Friday, May 13, 2011

Nature

Well, my post from last night has disappeared, due to some issues with Blogger, hopefully it will be restored and in the right place.......I am so pleased that I've managed to post every day, I don't want a gap! Nature is the title today, and so I decided to scrap a photo that I've had waiting for a very long time. The son in the photo is now a young adult! I can't remember where this was taken, I think it might be Birr Castle Demesne? If anyone recognises it please let me know. The trees were so tall and thin, really stretched out, I remember the boys being amazed by them. The LO isn't quite finished, but I'm not sure what I want to put on it, I've used an acetate that I've had for ages too, so one tree is on the acetate and one is on the underlying paper.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm - I don't think it's Birr. We've been going there for about 15 years now, and I don't recall trees like that. It's a great photo wherever it is, and I like the way you've done the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm, maybe it's in Scotland somewhere then...........will have to see if the hubby remembers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. found it! It's the walled garden in Birr Castle, and it's the oldest/tallest box hedge in the world, allegedly (300 years old). The hubby remembered because he loves box hedges, but this one was a bit too straggly for him! Next time you visit, you will have to go and find it and take some of your wonderful pics of it :)

    ReplyDelete