Saturday, June 18, 2011

More workshop cards

I finished off the rest of the cards I had from a kit that I bought at Jackie's workshop. This one was tweaked quite a bit from Jackie's design (sorry Jackie!). I don't sell cards, I just make for my own use, so I tend to just make things that I know I will use. This one was a sympathy card, so I adapted it to be a non-specific blank card that I can use for anything. It's got stickles on the embossed background and on the flower and the hair-bow. The embossed bit is also versamarked and chalked (another trick I learned from Jackie). You can see all the cards on her blog. And I added a bow!
This one is pretty much as the kit, except that I added some ribbon - which doesn't look stuck down properly in the photo, but it is!
I didn't have a photo for this one, and again, decided to change it to a non-sentiment blank card. Chalked the embossed page again, and stickled the butterfly. I also inked the edges with chalk ink, my favourite.
This one is also pretty much as the kit, except that I didn't do the fake stitching round the edge (no patience for that!). I dithered about real stitching and then just left it plain. Inked the oval though and stickled the rose :)

4 comments:

  1. You've been busy :) lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you "Tweaked" your cards Lisa lol, they all look great, I love to see different variations of my workshop cards,I must challenge you all to a kit with no photo sometime and see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards ,lovely soft colours in all of them

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all :) Jackie, that's a great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete