Monday, June 13, 2011

Workshop cards and cupcakes

I was at one of Jackie's workshops at the end of May and we had a card kit swap on the theme of 'masculine'. My donor was so generous I have been able to make 2 cards out of my kit (or maybe I'm just stingy with my cards!!!) and I still have some papers left over. The one above is using the nice card they gave me as part of the kit.
This one is just on a plain square card, all I added was the stamped words, and the ribbon holding the charm on. It's going to my brother-in-law for his birthday as he is very proud of his garden pond and his variety of goldfish and wildlife!
My 23 year old son made some amazing cupcakes this week - he has never baked before, and approached the whole task with his designer eyes - it took him 3 hours, but they were well worth it!
Somehow my photos got into a different order when they were uploaded and this workshop card has ended up after the cakes. I got the kit from Jackie, but as it was going to be used for a ballet teacher, I changed the papers she had given and used some music paper instead. I like this design and hope to use it again when I get a new die for my BigShot!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I love what you did with the kit swap and the music paper works great with the other card :)
    Those cakes look great, I would make him bake more often now that he knows how :) lol

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that music card - but then, anything with music on it is going to appeal to me.
    Those cup-cakes look pretty impressive, especially for a first-time effort.
    Couple of years ago I was making them for a wedding cake, and I really, really, really wanted to make flat topped ones and flood the top with icing. Well - after possibly four different trials of various recipes and temperatures and when both we and DH's work had had enough, I settled for using a buttercream frosting.

    ReplyDelete