Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's a bit surreal.....


but I've been making Christmas cards in July, using an idea from Deirdre over on the CCS forum. She made some cards using red buttons to make a wreath, and also some ivy leaves that she punched out. I didn't have enough red buttons (not yet anyway!) and I don't have a leaf punch, so I decided to use a small flower punch and see if it would work. From starting with different greens, I have also done some music ones, and silvery blue ones and used some silver crystal beads on them. The tags were left over from a few years ago. Stickles to finish them off, and they have to be one of the simplest and effective cards I've made.I also got the cover of my new album done. I've been playing with another TH die as well, a dragonfly, but I haven't got it put together yet as I want to put it on a box and I haven't found the right box just yet. tfl :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the wreaths, I am always looking for creative ways to use my punches - must try this!

    ReplyDelete