Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Messing about with spray paint

I saw some really good artists on youtube that inspired me to try doing some things with spray paint. They create the most amazing pictures using cans of spray paint and things like plates to create layers of different colours. I tried this with one of my TH dies. I wanted the dragonfly to be blue and silver but I made 2 mistakes I think. First, the contrast in colours wasn't strong enough, and second, the circles I used to spray the silver over the blue were not big enough. So it probably doesn't show in the photos but the wings are both blue and silver. I stuck it on holographic card for the background.
Then I put it on a tin which I had sprayed with blue spray paint. It's one of those tins that you get seashell shaped chocolates in. I used some TH papers and tissue tape and a Prima flower. It's all stuck on and sealed with Mod Podge and then spray varnish as well. I put some gems on the dragonfly too to finish it off. I'm quite pleased with the final result, I don't know what I will use the tin for, but it's very pretty. tfl.

No comments:

Post a Comment