Monday, August 15, 2011

New bits and old bits

I've had a bout of card-making this week, using up some old stamped images from a swap, and some other bits and pieces, and also trying out some new stamps and dies. Mostly they were just for fun, only one of them was for a specific person. The card above has some of the TH gear bits on it, and also some stamps from a new set which I ripped open and threw out the packaging and in my excitement have completely forgotten who makes them!
This one is for some friends who moved house in April (whoops) - at least getting a card at this stage will be a novelty! I tried using fabric in a TH die and it worked quite well, the fabric is silk from the lining of a bag that I took apart. (Even better, free stuff!) More stamped paper, and I used a bit more of the fabric to tie a raggedy bow.
This one uses a Fimo embellie that Lou sent me ages ago and the little lacy frame is a new one from K&Co. I got a set of them the other day in my local office-type shop - just an odd thing sitting in amongst some ribbon and packaging. I love finds like that!
For some reason my photos have uploaded in a weird order again......I will have to have a word with my more techie friends and sort that one out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment