Saturday, December 24, 2011

Death, and Life

In the dying moments of Christmas Eve, 2011, we received news of the birth of a new baby to our family. A new little boy born to my brother-in-law and his partner. Yesterday I went to a funeral - the father of a friend of mine. A couple of days before I met up with another friend who is surviving her first Christmas as a widow, and her children are learning to live without their father. Death is part of life. It is even more a part of life at Christmas time. Whatever we believe, we know that the baby that was born in a small place in Bethlehem would grow up to face a horrific death. It is all intertwined and we can't have one without the other. Somehow, I find that comforting, as I remember my dear dad at this time of year. To know that although death happens, there is also life, and birth, and new things, always and forever. There is light, always light. The light shone in the darkness and the darkness knew it not.
Have a peaceful Christmas with your loved ones xx

No comments:

Post a Comment