Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm back!

wow, where on earth did all that time go, and to make it even worse, I haven't done a single bit of crafting in all those weeks. No wonder I've been feeling stressed and as if my head was about to explode. So I'm using one of Ewa's beautiful photos from the latest INYB production of The Nutcracker Suite and The Snow Queen. This is one of the reasons that I've been so busy, working backstage, and making some extra costumes and generally helping out. In this photo, Gerda has found Kai, but he is trapped in a cage made of icicles and she can't get him out. She starts to cry and her tears gradually melt the ice cage and free Kai. My own daughter is one of the tears, and each night their faces looked as if they were the personification of grief, which indeed they were supposed to be. It melted our hearts in the wings, and we ended up in tears with the emotion they all brought to the performance, not to mention Gerda herself, whose grief would break your heart completely. Ah, the magic of the theatre, nothing can beat it.
Holiday time now, and decorations coming out, cards being written and lots of time to play - I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see a ballet in real life, saw the nut cracker once but it was more of a kids version. That's looks so beautiful and christmassy :)

    ReplyDelete