Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve 2011

I took this picture this afternoon - it's the Lobelia that has been flowering since the early summer. It has been so mild here, the summer bedding is still flowering, and also some of my Scottish marigolds. And the fuchsias. Very odd. I've spent today finishing off the blanket I have been knitting squares for, still got the border to do but it's a long night! No photos yet, will take some in the morning and share them for the new year. I wish you all a happy and peaceful new year and may it bring you many happy days and moments of joy.

2 comments:

  1. Lobelia on New Year's Eve - a sure sign there's something wrong with the weather!!
    That blanket looks lovely. It's something I've always wanted to try, but the one I have in mind is a patched garden, and it's so hard to get good looking greens in a reasonable variety of colours.
    Happy New Year to you, Lisa, and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) and I like the idea of a mix of greens, but yes, it's hard to avoid the sicky looking ones!

    ReplyDelete