Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wedding box

This is a project I've been working on for a while now, it rested for far too long because I couldn't get fabric in the colour I wanted. It's a present for a friend to put her wedding keepsakes in, cards, pressed flowers, favours etc etc. The box is quite big, about 15" square and 12" high. I wanted to wrap it in the turquoise colour fabric, but I couldn't get any to match the sample I had.
So I went for scrumpled tissue paper instead and grey fabric to match the box colour, which I decided to keep on the lid only. The paper looks a lot better in real life! It's got Stickles on it and all is sprayed with varnish. I sewed on the fabric hearts and there are also bling hearts stuck on the box.
I wanted to make something completely different to my usual style and make it a bit more luxurious and glamorous. I'm not sure if I achieved that, but my friend likes it, so that's the main thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment