Monday, May 7, 2012

Garden tales

 Wow it's been a long time since I posted. No particular reason for that, just busy busy with work and stuff, not much crafting going on, and no gardening since the weather has been so odd. However, things in the garden are braving the weather and this week my beautiful rose started to open its buds. I don't know how it is surviving the frosty nights.
 The wisteria is also bravely making an appearance - those new leaves look so delicate, I hope the frost doesn't turn them black!
 The bluebells flowered as normal, and have been a welcome splash of bright blue on the dark dreary days we've been having. The leaves are coming out on the silver birch too - very tender looking!
 We've had lots of pear blossom and now apple blossom, I love the pink and white of the apple blossom, there's something so pretty and spring-like about it.
 The only thing I've planted so far is potatoes, which are growing well. No salad seeds yet, with the frost at night still I don't think they would survive.
 More bluebells under the apple tree making a lovely mix of colours.
 And these beautiful bright red anemones,which I had completely forgotten about. They almost look like poppies and are bravely withstanding the gales and hailstorms today.
 And lastly, a rather bedraggled purple pansy - the hailstones have not been kind to it but Henny Penny is keeping a watchful eye on it!
Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday, I am about to light the fire and snuggle up on the sofa!

1 comment:

  1. Light the fire, yes indeed! It's warm when the sun is out but we've had huge hailstones, the size of big peas. Love Henny Penny, and those anemones have always been a favourite.
    Parsley is all I've planted so far - but the nigella is flourishing and just starting to bloom. I must find time for a trip to the Botanic Gardens, I love the wisteria there.

    ReplyDelete