Wednesday, July 11, 2012

B

I've been doing this canvas as a present for a friend of mine - took the photo and parcelled it up without checking, so apologies for the bad picture! It's a photo of her granddaughter, which I didn't take, so I can't take any credit for it, and it does look a lot better in real life. She is standing in some bluebells and originally I had the idea that it would be all blue and spring like but somehow it morphed as I went along and became this. The words are from The Prophet, and read 'You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth'. I'm not sure about the butterflies in the end, at the time it seemed like a good idea but when I had done it I wasn't convinced! They do have a few little sparkles on them which don't show in the picture. It's sent now, so I hope she likes it! The little girl's name begins with B and they often call her that, hence the title.

2 comments:

  1. It's certainly still very springlike - I used to love visiting the demesne in Powerscourt at bluebell time. I think I like the butterflies - the fact that they are openwork makes them work as background rather than being too dominant.
    p.s. - if I don't always leave a comment now, it's because the newer Blogger verification is so awful, and my rule is three attempts and then give up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, are those the wiggly letters, I can never see them properly it drives me nuts. I'll see if I can remove it.

    ReplyDelete