Thursday, November 29, 2012

December book

 I keep seeing mention of Day books and Smash books and other types of books in crafty blogs and websites recently and to me they are just little albums like the ones I enjoy making - so I decided to make a Winter Book, which I would use as a diary for December this year and next year (there are enough pages, although I don't know how practical it will be!). The album is quite small, the cover is 6x6 and I think for the future I would make a bigger one. This is just a drawing book that I've had for ages with white cartridge paper in it, strong enough to take some layering and glue, but the binding isn't that spacious, so it might not fit another December!  I can't remember the paper pad I used, it was from Create with Kate, but I don't see it on the website now. The cover has one of those mirror embellies which I put stickles onto and also onto the snowflakes so it is quite twinkly in real life.
This is the inside page, the die cuts I used are from Kaisercraft and the numbers are from Lou, they are papertrey I think. The idea is that I will journal each day - including a note on what I was doing and some memos of the day and will post every few days with the pages as I go along. I have my advent calendar ready to go and my lovely advent wreath from my Prague friends, so December, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Lisa! You'll have to do lots of exciting things to fill it now!

    ReplyDelete