Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013!

and I'm in the middle of lots of mad crafting before work hits again next week - trying to cram in as many books, films and various crafts as I can!
 This is my Fairy Castle Nutcracker album with pictures from the latest INYB show. The album is from Kaisercraft and the papers are Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet - couldn't have been more perfect! The glittery bluebirds are Prima and the red roses climbing the turret came from Hobbycraft.
 I took all the photos (mostly from the wings) except for the middle one on the right hand side of this page which is by Ewa Figaszewska. Ewa photographs all the INYB shows and is very generous about allowing us to use the photos. This one has to be one of my favourites, although it's hard to choose as she takes THE most amazing pictures.
 This (above) is a rubbish picture, I'm not sure what happened with the light.  The photo on the right was doctored by a friend to turn it sepia (it's actually the same photo as in the first page, left hand side) - I like the sepia as it matched these papers perfectly.
 Waltz of the Flowers - the costumes (designed by Alison Finn) represent poinsettias, and the red and green colours go perfectly with the papers, I love the richness of the costumes, and the choreography by Kilian O'Callaghan is the best Flowers I've ever seen (and the girls love it too, although it is VERY difficult to dance).
This is the back cover, I went to town with the glitter, but hey! it's a Fairy Castle :) Happy New Year to you all!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty :) looks like so much work went into it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lou :) didn't feel like work, more like slopping the paint on, slopping the glitter on.............etc etc :P

    ReplyDelete