Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28th 2014

Well, a year of no blogging, not sure why really! So to get back into it, here's some photos from Segovia, near Madrid, where I spent a lovely few days recently in the middle of a very stressful time in my own life.
It's a beautiful place, a Unesco world heritage site, due to this Roman Aqueduct which dominates the town.
There are beautiful street signs everywhere, and an interesting thing called sgraffito, which is used on the buildings. It has different patterns and colours and it is very pretty.
There is also a wonderful castle, called the Alcazar, which was apparently the inspiration for Disney's Cinderella castle. When I took this photo there were lots of bats flying about in the warm air, it was great, I love bats!


4 comments:

  1. Great photos & glad you got a chance to blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your photos, Lisa, and to see you online again. I have often thought of you and more than once meant to drop a card in the post. But somehow if I don't do things instantly, more than ever they just don't happen.
    I love bats too!! Used to love sitting up in the top of the pine tree in the garden at night and seeing them fly round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's this?? A lovely new blog layout. Very attractive indeed.....now for some more posts in 2015 maybe!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete