Friday, January 9, 2015

Pricklebums Hedgehog Care


I found this sweet picture on a Facebook page this evening. I love the quote too, not a bad sentiment to live by, and it warmed my heart after all the sad news in the world the last few days. Pricklebums Hedgehog Care rescue wild hedgehogs in distress. They are based near Ludlow, in Shropshire, a place I have a soft spot for since I spent many happy hours in the region doing my field work many years ago. It's a gentle place, and that was a gentle time in my life. Would that the world could be more gentle.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quote and photo and I share your sentiments. For the last few months I have been trying to move towards living a gentle life. Three of my favourite words - gentle, calm, kind. Add in tranquil and warm and you have my perfect world. Now where the heck is it????

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great sentiment indeed! I was so sad recently to find a dead hedgehog on the green as I walked home from work - not squashed at all, so I wondered if it was diseased. At least we had the treat of seeing a live one earlier in the year - DH came rushing in when he got home from work and said "get your camera and come." It was further round the corner than I expected - I think he should have told me to get shoes too.
    My brother-in-law wants to be cremated and have his ashes scattered in Shropshire!

    ReplyDelete